A Cool, Water Conserving Container that Shows Off Your Plants
RootTrapper® containers have several distinct advantages over other fabric containers.
- RootTrapper® containers are cool. The white sidewall reflects heat. Temperatures against the inside wall of a RootTrapper® are 20 to 25 degrees cooler compared to a black plastic pot.
- RootTrapper® containers are so cool, they allow roots to survive against the sidewall even when exposed to full sunlight.
- RootTrapper® containers conserve water three ways:
- Cooler root zone temperatures reduce water lost to evaporation. With conventional black plastic pots, approximately 80% of water required is lost due to evaporation.
- Slow water exit. Water slowly seeps out hundreds of holes around the container. By slowing the rate at which water exists the container, absorption of water by mix particles increases.
- Fine, fibrous roots throughout the container growth medium extract every last drop of moisture.
- Reduced evaporation means less salt buildup. All waters contain some salts, accumulated salts interfere with root functions and prevent full utilization of water present.
- RootTrapper containers show off your plants. Contrast between the white container sidewall and leaves and flowers is dramatic. RootTrappers® make every plant look good.
- Tough and durable. Can be used year after year.
- Available in all sizes, 1-Gallon to 60-Gallon.